Wednesday 9 July 2008

Changes...

Aberdeen, Scotland to Palm Harbor, FL to Mount Hope, WV... Oh my! I'm not quite to WV yet. I still have a few more days at my mom's house in Florida before my new life path becomes more "permanent" in my eyes. It's crazy to think that I have moved out of a one room place in student housing in the UK to my old bedroom in my mom's and now I will be moving to a two bedroom, 1.5 bathroom gorgeous 2 story townhouse, all in one month! Once I take all my furniture out of my mom's, she will have a chance to redecorate. I know she's looking forward to it! However, I will be sad to see the blue walls turn some shade of purple. Lord knows she like her lavender. You'd understand if you saw the place. 

One downfall I have found in following God's calling is my fear to trust in Him. Anytime I see anything that has to do with the UK I get teary-eyed and choked up. I talk to my best friend Nathalie who is still in Aberdeen and wish I could say, "Meet me at the Bobbin for a glass of wine!" It's depressing, but she'll be here soon- well, she'll be here for New Year! Oh, and when she's here, we get to go visit our adopted family, who we met in Aberdeen, who have just moved back to Phoenix! Derek, Ashley, Jakey and "the baby on the way", will be great to see! 

I have recently gotten to the point where I am nervous about my dissertation. I know I can finish, but will I do it justice? I want to share with people how important ministry is to everyone- not just people who Christians feel belong in church and follow the Bible word for word. I want to share my own experiences. I want to show that anyone can love God.

Someone recently just gave me hope that there are more people in the world with my vision. It's nice to know that there are still single people out there who believe that a Spirit-driven life is possible in a world like ours. I also am reassured to know that I am not the only one to be overwhelmed by ministry as a profession. 

As much as I love ministering, I need to also have my passion, volleyball, as a part of my life! I hope to someday join the two together! I have been blessed with this calling to lead and I look forward to how God will enable me to do so at Mountain State University. I start my coaching job as soon as I get to WV, but because it is not a full time job, I will spend a lot of time in their library to finish my MTh. 

Remembering that I am not in control, but that God has always been good to me has gotten me through this past month! As much as I miss Aberdeen and the overall culture of Scotland, I know I must now, "Let go and let God"!!! 

2 comments:

shaun said...

Oh, You should come see me if you are in Fl. I would love to see you and chat, so much has happened in these past couple of years.
I can't even believe it but due to circumstances at my current job, Sonny's BBQ I have just taken a new job at St. Leo abbey, cooking for the monks!!!
I am so excited and this is an opportunity for me to do just what you are talking about, combine my ministry with my passion. I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I am so glad you seem to be doing so well. Peace

Hannah C Tirey said...

Well, if its any consolation, scotland misses you too honey.. take care..