Monday 16 June 2008

It's been a while...


I have recently been informed to get my act together and put up a new post. I do have to say in retaliation, that one- I have kind of been busy moving country and all and two- I have a friend whose last post was in March... So John- Shush!

Leaving Scotland was probably one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. I can't believe it's over already. It was the best experience of my life. I got a great education, had an amazing job, had a successful volleyball career, and met the coolest people! But with all that said... none of those great things can take the place of family and that is why I am going to be calling middle of nowhere West Virginia home for now. It's funny how the important things become apparent to you as you grow. 

Even though I have a job in Beckley, I don't know if Beckley is a  place I will call home for good. I did just get back from Colorado and I loved it there. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I was out there to officiate a wedding. It was my 1st and it actually went very well. Jes and Ryan are truly what God intended two married people to be. I felt  confident in them as a couple, which is hard to say now-a-days. I enjoyed spending time with their families and friends. They have some of the most awesome people in their lives. I will be adding their family and friends on Facebook ASAP ;).

Tomorrow I go to Mountain State University to meet the head volleyball coach. I am a bit nervous, but I am so glad that I am able to coach and be near my family, so it makes it worth it. I am still struggling to get appropriate compensation for the work asked of me, but it will come in time. After all, I do still have a dissertation to finish and I need to be around for my grandpa. 

God has many plans I'll never understand. At this point I'm just going with the flow. Besides... MAKING PLANS IS WAY OVERRATED DUDE.

1 comment:

shaun said...

Mary, Did you ever see the movie BELLA? It opens with this line ," My mother says, if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans"
Sometimes life will take us down a path that we never intended. But it might be just right for us.
Take care of you and yours in the end they are all you really have.
Peace