Saturday 2 August 2008

Settling in West Virginia

I'm finally settled in West Virginia and have begun doing that whole coaching thing ;) I absolutely love my team. Check out www.mountainstate.edu/sports/volleyball/ . They are an amazingly talented bunch of women! I have to say, I do miss playing with Aberdeen and Scottish Unis, but I have to say that the mentoring and coaching bring a whole different component to the sport. I think a lot of the gifts that God has given me will be utilized through this coaching position. I wish I could be a full time assistant, but MSU doesn't have the budget yet. I have faith that this growing institution will broaden quickly, hopefully enabling me to work full time with athletics! I am 3 full chapters and some into my dissertation. I have a rough 10,000 words done and about 7,000 of it is pretty well edited. I am on schedule to finish by August 22nd. I plan to submit my paper to the library copyshop in Aberdeen by August 27th, so that they can bind and print my paper. It is due the first Friday of September. I can't believe a year has already flown by! 

I am still missing my friends and "family" from Aberdeen, but am glad I am here with my family in WV. My grandfather's condition is worsening and he doesn't seem as hopeful about his health as he did before. I know he is going through a lot of pain and I don't blame him for not knowing how much longer e can spend his life going to and from the hospital to receive blood for about 8 hours daily. It is just hard to accept that I may have to say goodbye to him before I am ready. Please keep him and my family in your prayers. 

Many blessings, 
Mary

PS
Below are pictures of my new place... ;)
I put the back side of the house here because the front is on the previous blog entry.

guest room

my room

No comments: